If you're already looking for that coveted interior design internship, you're one step ahead of the career game. A job search can be challenging, but take some time to try these avenues and you should find an interior design internship in no time.
• Go through a professional organization such as the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID at www.asid.org) to network and scan their job boards.
• Check the job board of your own interior design program.
• Your faculty can also be a great resource to assist you in your search for an interior design internship.
• Network with classmates and friends in your interior design program to see if anyone knows of an opening. Friends and colleagues will prove to be a valuable resource to help you find jobs now and in the future.
• Do your own investigative research and send your resume out to targeted firms of your interest or contact firms you are interested in for an informational interview.