Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Interior Design Courses and other Interior Design Degree topics.
Trying to decide between the numerous interior design programs out there can be a daunting task. The best way to go about making your decision is to make up a list of schools and compare it against your wish list. Here are a few considerations to think about when choosing between interior design programs:
• Cost: Weigh the pros and cons of going to a private interior design program versus going to a public school one.
• Accreditation – It's not a requirement to attend a school accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation. However, if you do, can be assured you have made an interior design education choice which meets the minimum standards to train you to be an interior designer.
• Location – Do you have easy access to your school of choice? If you don't, will you consider moving to get an interior design education?
• Reputation – Is the school known for producing quality coursework and knowledgeable, accessible faculty?
• Curriculum – Examine the coursework and determine if the program has the courses you want to take. If you know what you want to specialize in, choose from interior design programs that offer your design interest.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|